Four of us from central coordinating team in Singapore (the ICCS Otters) are heading out to Pulau Bintan tomorrow: Dewi Anggraini (Site Captain, Lim Chu Kang), Ng Hua Chin (Deputy Coordinator), Airani S (Data Advisor) and N. Sivasothi (Coordinator).
Ranan Samanya of Bintan Resorts and coordinator of ICC Bintan, emailed us the preparation list:
“We’ll start the evening with dinner, then chit-chat under the stars.
For your participation, please bring the following personal belongings (LOL! But this is our standard info to volunteers, hehe):
- Personal equipment / Perlengkapan pribadi
- Beach wear / Baju santai/pantai
- Hat / Topi
- Sports shoes / Sepatu olah raga
- Swim suit / Baju renang
- Change / Baju ganti
- Raincoat / Jas hujan
- Drinking water bottle / Botol air minum
- Backpack / Ransel
- Rendezvous / Waktu berkumpul: Kamis, 27 September 2007, jam 07:15
- We provide semi heavy duty gloves, sandfly and mosquito repellents and drinking water refill.
So now I know the Indoneesian words for the packing list! The four of us are looking forward to being participants in the inaugural ICC Bintan. To be honest, without coordination woes, it’s a really a holiday!