The volunteer team coordinating the International Coastal Cleanup in Singapore is conducting a recruitment exercise to search for dedicated individuals who wish to and are able to contribute to the betterment of the marine environment.
Volunteers will be involved in site recces, learning about marine life, liasing with Organisers, helping with workshops, data processing and outreach besides putting in some effort on the beach and mangrove during cleanups!
We are looking for Site Buddies and Site Captains who are able to commit to a maximum of seven days mostly between July and September 2013.
- Fri 22 Mar 2013: Meet Zone Captains during the Site Allocation exercise (7pm – 10pm)
- Tue 04 Jul 2013: Marine Life & Marine Trash Workshop (7pm-10pm)
- Sat 27 Jul 2013: Site Recce with Site/Zone Captains (8am-12pm)
- Sat 03 Aug 2013: Meet Organisers at The ICCS Lecture (9am – 12pm)
- Sat 10 Aug 2013: National Day cleanup (8am – 12pm)
- Sat 21 Sep 2013: International Coastal Cleanup date around the globe! (8am – 5pm)
- Fri 27 Sep 2013: ICCS Data & Photo processing (6pm – 10pm)
We are a dedicated team who have been coordinating the cleanup for more than a decade. We work with more than 60 oganisations who send lead 4,000 people to the beach and mangroves of Singapore in September and around the year.
We have to responsive, independent and efficient. However, we keep meetings and emails to a minimum and have sustained this effort alongside our regular jobs for a long time.
If you think you are up for this, we are most happy to welcome you to our team!
To find out more and sign up, please see: https://coastalcleanup.wordpress.com/volunteer/
Thank you and all the best!
Coordinator, International Coastal Cleanup Singapore
Raffles Museum of Biodiversity Research
Department of Biological Sciences
National University of Singapore