During recent recces by Zone Captains, we realised that some beaches were closed or had to be for safety reasons due to erosion or construction works in the area.
The closures affected three organisations with some 300 potential volunteers who had to be put on hold as we look for suitable sites for them.
Meanwhile, results of Site Allocation Exercise III (30 May 2013) were announced to the remaining Organisers last night:
Organisation name (estimated number) – Zone: Site
- Adrian Lim & Friends (20) – PU: CJ4-5
- Beatty Beaver Scout Group (25) – SO: SJI
- Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (20) – PU: Ubin Village Beach
- Maritime & Port Authority of Singapore (12) – PU: Ketam 1
- Oil Spill Response Limited (30) – TM: TM6
- PayPal Pte Ltd (50) – TM: TM6
- Republic Polytechnic Conservation Interest Group (30) – NW: LCK Beach
- USP NUS (30) – PU: Ketam 2
This brings the current participation number to 3,107 volunteers from 61 organisations.
There are still small sites available in various zones on the morning of 21 Sep 2013 and a large site (PR6) in the afternoon. Visit iccs-status.rafflesmuseum.net for details.
This time I did not meet with Zone Captains face to face but instead met online via LINE and with relevant the Google Doc open.
It took us two hours to get updated by the recent site recces, look for alternate sites as needed, make phone calls and confirm site allocations for various groups.
This is our 3rd Site Allocation Exercise and there will be a final one in end-June.
Next it will be time for the Organiser’s Workshops in July.