Friday evenings, 22 May & 26 Jun 2015: 7.00pm @ NUS Faculty of Science Active Learning Room [S16-03] – The ICCS Otters conducted the second and third Site Allocation Exercise (SAX2/SAX3) in preparation for ICCS 2015, scheduled for 19 Sep 2015.
At SAX1 on 24 Apr 2015, 33 organisations had registered 1,946 volunteers for ICCS. Two months later at SAX3, there were 60 organisations comprising 3,507 volunteers which have registered for ICCS 2015. This means three-quarters of our shores capacity has been met and we expect more to trickle in.
Zone Captains have had to juggle some organisations between sites in order to fit their estimated participation while taking into consideration their logistical needs (e.g. access to facilities) – and organisers were confirmation at their sites.
As of now, the zone status are:
- North-West – 81% filled; three sites open
- North-East – 71% filled; two sites open, two almost full
- Pulau Ubin – 59% filled; five sites open, one almost full
- Changi – 100% filled; one site almost full
- Tanah Merah – 64% filled; five sites open
- East Coast – 100% filled; all sites full
- South – 73% filled; three sites open, one almost full
For details, see status.coastalcleanupsingapore.org:
Next, the ICCS team will focus on the Organiser’s Workshop and joint recces before the final event. We look forward to working with our Organisers closely for ICCS 2015!