The Research Assistant will assist in the NUS‒NParks Marine Debris Project, which involves establishing a national baseline data of marine debris. The role involves mainly assistance in the marine debris monitoring programme, volunteer management and processing of microplastic samples.
The is a 6-month full-time position with monthly pay and remuneration depends on qualification.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in marine debris monitoring programme and workshops.
- Laboratory-based work involving sorting and identifying of microplastics from sediments.
- An undergraduate degree in Sciences/Biology/Environmental Studies or a biology-related field.
- Able to work on weekends to carry out marine debris monitoring programme.
- Meticulous, responsible and careful with samples and data management.
- Good organizational skills and excellent attention to detail is essential.
- Strong oral, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Any experience in sorting (e.g., macroinvertebrate) is desirable.
- A good knowledge and experience in marine debris and microplastics.
- Experience in volunteer management.
- Good at data management and experience with data analysis.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to Ms Joleen Chan at email@example.com by 31 October 2018. Shortlisted applicants will be notified for the interview by mid–Nov 2018.