Besides the annual International Coastal Cleanup Singapore, Organisers from schools, institutions, corporate or other groups are always welcome to organise cleanups at any other time of the year on their own with some advise from us, after reading ICCS’ Guidelines for Organisers.
These Year-Round Coastal Cleanups (YRCC) do not require the use of the data cards but the number of black trash bags are counted and weighed to provide a gauge of the trash load at sites year-round. This information should be included in reports with photos to ICCS for inclusion in this blog in order to raise awareness and to provide acknowledgement for these year-round efforts.
There are four types of beaches (Categories A to D) you can tackle on your own. Please see “Suggestions for Year Round Coastal Cleanups”
Some of the Year Round Cleanups are opened to the public and you can join us!
2016 Year Round Cleanups
- Sat 06 Aug 2016 – National Day Lim Chu Kang mangrove cleanup by Toddycats & Independents
- Sun 08 May 2016 – Op (We) Lim Chu Kang mangrove cleanup by Toddycats & Independents
- Sat 26 March 2016 – Singapore World Water Day Sungei Pandan Mangrove (SP2) cleanup by Toddycats & Independents [link]
- Mon 22 Feb 2016: 2.30pm – Chinese New Year Tanah Merah coastal cleanup by NUS RVRC star and students [link]
- Sat 27 Feb 2016 – Lim Chu Kang beach cleanup by NTU Earthlink, Singapore Pools & Independents
- Sat 09 Jan 2016 – Sungei Pandan Mangrove (SP2) cleanup by NUS Bachelor of Environmental Studies Community Education/Engagement Branch (BES CEB)