Year-Round Coastal Cleanups in Singapore
 Join the NUS-NParks Marine Debris Sampling Programme
- No prior experience is required, just your interest and attention to details and data accuracy!
- Briefing and sampling supplies would be provided
- Check for available dates at the programme webpage or check this blog or facebook page
- Register two months in advance
 Join a monthly cleanup led by Trash Hero or R.U.M.
You can join NGOs and interest groups in Singapore which conduct free monthly cleanups:
- Public monthly cleanups with Trash Hero Singapore (free to join)
- Public monthly cleanups with the Restore Ubin Mangrove project (free to join); see their fb page too
 Have a cleanup organised for you (WWS)
Waterways Watch Society offers a diversity of guided waterway cleanups for a fee. Examine their programme catalogue and contact them about their guided cleanups:
- waterways cleanup on foot,
- waterways cleanups on kayak,
- waterways cleanups on pedal boat,
- waterways cleanups on boat and
- coastal cleanups.
 Organise your own cleanup
Besides the annual International Coastal Cleanup Singapore in September, Organisers may want to organise cleanups at any other time of the year on their own. Year-Round Coastal Cleanups (YRCC) need not use the ICCS Data Card but do report the following when you are completed:
- total number of volunteers,
- the number of black trash bags used,
- the total weight and
- length of beach cleaned.
Send us this data with photos to help us raise awareness and to acknowledge these year-round efforts!
There are three types of beaches (Categories A to C) you can apply for:
- Recreational beach (register with PHC; 3 weeks notice)
- East Coast Beach
- Changi Beach
- Pasir Ris Beach
- Sembawang Beach (small site)
- Sites in nature parks (email NParks; 3 weeks notice)
- : Pulau Ubin
- Coney Island
- Sungei Buloh
- Non-recreational State Land sites (apply through ICCS; 4 weeks notice)
Celebrate the occasion!
You could time your cleanups to celebrate local and international environment occasions, such as:
- 02 Feb – World Wetlands Day
- 22 Mar – Singapore World Water Day
- 22 Apr – Earth Day
- 06 May – Keep Singapore Clean [link]
- 22 May – World Biodiversity Day
- 23 May – World Turtle Day
- 05 Jun – World Environment Day
- 08 Jun – World Oceans Day
- 09 Aug – National Day
- 27 Sep – World Tree Day
- 04 Oct – World Animal Day